There’s something about baby showers, expectant parents are excited about having a baby and at the same time, they are anxious.
Babies are bundles of joy no doubt, but they come with a whole lot of responsibilities. This gets parents anxious.
At this time, gifts or any act of love is well appreciated. It’s time to show them how much you love and support them.
Are you going to be a guest at a baby shower soon? Still wondering what gift to take along. Worry no more, stroller diaper cake will do. We will show you how to make a stroller diaper cake, keep scrolling.
Stroller diaper cakes are made from brand-new diapers that can be used by the expectant parent when the little one is born. Be sure they will love it.
You can also use other items to decorate the stroller diaper cake, for example, ribbons, fabric, and so on. Other gift items of your choice can be added like baby bibs, towels, hair clips, and so on.
In addition, you can personalize the stroller diaper cake to the baby’s sex if you have this information. When you don’t, a basic stroller diaper cake style can fit perfectly well with any sex.
With this simple DIY (do it yourself) tips, you can make your own stroller diaper cake. Let’s begin, shall we?
If you prefer learning by video, this article is also explained here.
Here Are Items You Will Need
Two to five packs of size one diapers (the number of diapers you will need is dependent on the size of the diaper stroller you want to make).
- Two to three rolls of elastic.
- Two shoe boxes.
- Rubber bands.
- Ribbon or tapes.
- Two Paper towel tubes.
- Two washcloths (optional).
- Hot glue or tapes.
- Fabric (optional).
- Other baby items like toys, baby clothes, bottles, pacifiers, and so on.
DIY Steps To Making A Stroller Diaper Cake
How To Make Stroller Diaper Cake Wheels
Follow these steps to design the wheels:
- Wrap or spin 6-8 diapers together neatly to give a uniform shape.
- Use big rubber bands to hold them tightly together to make the wheels stout and firm. The wheels must be round and not flat.
- Wrap the rubber bands with ribbons or tapes to cover the rubber bands and seal their ends with hot glue.
- Repeat the above to make the remaining 3 wheels (the ideal number of wheels for strollers is four).
- Ensure that the wheel is tightly packed and there’s a hole in between each wheel where the axels will be attached to the wheel.
How To Make Stroller Diaper Cake Axles for The Wheels
- Get two paper towels tubes.
- Wrap each paper towels tubes with a washcloth or fabric.
- Put little gifts like baby bath soap, baby lotion, and so on inside the tubes at the 2 ends (if you don’t have gifts, use wrapped diapers instead).
- Place one end of the paper towel axel between the middle of one wheel and the other end between the middle of another wheel side by side.
- Repeat this for the extra wheels.
How To Make Stroller Diaper Cake Base of The Stroller
- Get two shoe boxes and remove the lids.
- Cut off an edge of one of the boxes.
- Put the trimmed shoebox in the untrimmed shoebox making it stand vertically to form an L shape, this becomes the canopy for the stroller.
- Glue the interiors of the box to hold the boxes in place.
- Fold some elastic loosely around the bottom box and glue its ends to hold it in place.
- Do the same for the vertical trimmed shoebox that’s forming the canopy and allow it to dry.
- Roll a diaper inwards neatly and tightly. Then wrap with a rubber band to make it firm.
- Gently put the wrapped diaper underneath the elastic around the bottom box.
- Roll more diapers and keep filling under the elastic till it covers the entire length and breadth of the bottom box.
- Following the same method, place more diapers at the sides and top of the canopy until the entire area is covered.
- Wrap patterned ribbons or fabric around the bottom box and the canopy to cover the elastic or better still, cover with a piece of fabric.
- Also, you can wrap patterned ribbons above and at the side of the canopy for a beautiful look.
- Place a well-folded blanket inside the box and another underneath the canopy to design the pillow.
Video: How To Make A Stroller Diaper Cake
Watch this video to learn how to make a stroller diaper cake
How To Make Stroller Diaper Cake Base of The Stroller Without shoeboxes
- Arrange about thirty to forty diapers together side by side.
- Wrap the bundle with rubber bands to hold them firmly together.
- Put three diapers inside the rubber band each at the sides to form a proper bed shape.
- Neatly wrap the diapers with a blanket and use an elastic to hold them in place.
- Cover the elastic with a decorative ribbon glued at its end.
- Get six diapers and wrap them with a rubber band.
- Add additional two diapers wrapped around the six diapers, each at the side of the rubber band to form the pillow.
- Wrap this together with a blanket and secure firmly with a ribbon.
- Place the pillow on the bed and hang another blanket to form the hood or canopy of the stroller.
- You can now attach the stroller to the wheels and make sure all blankets and ribbons are neatly tucked in or glued to the wheels.
The Final Touches
This is where creativity comes in. Decorate the stroller with anything you deem fit for a baby shower or in line with the baby shower theme.
You can engrave baby’s name on a paper and stick on the sides, back or front of the stroller or add balloons and small plastic baby bottles used for decoration in a baby shower.
Our stroller diaper cake is ready for that baby shower.
This way, when you look inside the box, all you will see is a beautiful fabric or interior rather than an ugly glued point.
When gluing any components to stroller diaper cake, it’s advisable to add glue to fabric instead of gluing directly to the shoe box.
The size of the diaper cakes and items needed is not constant, it depends on you and your preference.
If you know the sex of the little one, decorate as such. This adds more meaning to the stroller diaper cake.
Since the items used in a typical stroller diaper cake are going to be used, you can take a picture of your finished work before taking it to the baby shower. This can be kept in the baby’s photo album.
As you can already see, a stroller diaper cake is very easy to make. Apart from serving as a gift for expectant parents, it can also serve as part of the decoration in the baby shower.
If you are going to a baby shower for multiple babies, you might have to make two diaper shower cakes or increase baby items you are buying.
Stroller diaper cakes should be made in cognizance to the baby shower theme including choice of baby items, color, and so on.
Remember that these are products the baby is probably going to use; so, hygiene is of the essence when making a stroller diaper cake.